Instant Funk: No Stoppin' That Rockin' 12"
(1982; Salsoul)
Includes a Tom Moulton mix! (info)
Funky Four: Feel It (The Mexican) 12"
(1983; Sugar Hill)
Discogs.com has it as 1984, but mine clearly says 1983. Samples Babe Ruth's "The Mexican," obv., and is completely awesome. (info)
Herbie Hancock: Rockit 12"
(1983; Columbia)
Well, yeah. (info)
Grace Jones: Nightclubbing LP
(1981; Island)
Yup, there's an Iggy Pop cover. It's hard to believe something this aloof-sounding went to #32. (info)
Prince and the Revolution: Purple Rain LP
(1984; Warner Bros.)
How could I not own this? (info)
Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass: What Now My Love LP
(1966; A&M)
Sadly, not duder's best work. (info)
Janet Jackson: Control LP
(1986; A&M)
What has she done for us lately? (info)
SWV: I'm So Into You 12"
(1992; RCA)
Too late for new jack swing? (info)
The Swedish Singers: Swedish Sing-a-Long LP
(1960s?; Colonial)
I shouldn't have been surprised about the third Google result for this album title. (info)
UPDATE: More Sweden! (my Labrador 100 review at Pitchfork)
2 comments:
Wait a second... did you find all this at the Salvation Army on Steinway?! I guess that place isn't just good for in-a-pinch prom dresses!
Yes! It was a lucky day.
Post a Comment