Tuesday, October 9, 2007
FASHION UNCONSCIOUSNESS IS OUT TODAY
He is the coolest dad in dad school.
Headless Chickens: Gaskrankinstation
Yer Idolators did a fine thing today (yesterday). And that is they linked to the first advance review of the new rekkid by the Radioheads. Which reminds me that I haven't yet reviewed the 40-pound hype in the room and that, unbefitting the spirit of the dude quoted in my probably inappropriate but I really don't know any better anymore previous post, I haven't written a review of an album I haven't heard, like, ever. For shame.
Can't start now, either, because OF COURSE I've heard the Radioheads' In Rainbows. Many times over. I've listened to it in the shower, I've listened to it while trimming my nails with these awesome nail clippers that catch your clippings so you can just shake them out instead of picking up after yourself, I've listened to it while making toast, and I've listened to it while sound asleep on a hotel bed with unexplained non-vomity green stuff on the bedspread and on the back of my shirt which was still on my body along with the rest of my clothes including my tie.
And I can safely say that In Rainbows is an album among albums, in that yeah it's only coming out at 160 kbps but that's better than 128 kbps and most people not reading this blog probably don't know kpbs from bpm from rpm unless I'm once again incorrectly misunderestimating the music knowledge of the gazillions of people who aren't buying music or even stealing and thus are destroying the music industry by default. So that the Radioheads can save it by releasing an album so much better than all other albums that it is four albums, two on CDs which are known for their "perfect sound forever" and thus doubly perfect, and two on records which are known for having even better PR if a worse marketing team given their lack of memorable slogan. And as every offnotes-hipped math fan knows, four albums are better than one, especially when they're four albums by the Radioheads, whose every album is better than every other album by every other band. EVER. Except Reel Big Fish's Why Do They Rock So Hard. There were some funny tunes on that one.
But it wasn't free, and the Radioheads' is unless you're a sucker, which I am, but it's free until I notice the bill, which I won't, so in a sense every album is free, even Black Kids', even Pink Floyd's Meddle which I found on Rapidshare a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to hear the soccer fans, who are even more fanatical than Radiohead fans but not in America, where Bush fans are still even more fanatical than they are in Europe and Gavin Rossdale is still somehow married to Gwen Stefani, who may be less famous by now than the girl from Kids Incorporated, which was almost as good as the new Radioheads album, but it won't make you feel more alive or keep you from doing dumb things like losing your jacket and waking up in green stuff nobody recognizes but must be your fault because how else would it get there? 26 years old no less. Equals 9.8 or 6.7, choose yer poison.
Oh whatever because Best Week Ever, of all the lame blogs, beat me to it, and beat you to it, too, so let's all hang our heads to the Radioheads' gloomy beats. Only question that matters is, does it sound good while blogging?
"Yeah I was this creepy little kid of eleven" sez a nostalgic Robert Christgau, slightly drunk (Chateauneuf-du-Pape 1969).
LCD Soundsystem: All My Friends
Hooray for Jonathan Chait, writing over at the New York Times:
"Last year, Senator John McCain earned widespread ridicule for publicly embracing Jerry Falwell, whom he had once described as 'evil.' But an equally breathtaking turnabout occurred earlier in the year, when Mr. McCain embraced the Bush tax cuts he had once denounced as an unaffordable giveaway to the rich. In an interview with National Review, Mr. McCain justified his reversal by saying, 'Tax cuts, starting with Kennedy, as we all know, increase revenues.' It was the political equivalent of Galileo conceding that the Sun does indeed revolve around the Earth."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment