Wednesday, February 13, 2008

WE DON'T CARE JUST BUY OUR T-SHIRT


Music is a process: An active, never-ceasing dialogue between creators and listeners with infinite outcomes.
Jonathan Richman letter from Creem, December 1973 (via RockCritics.com)


The writers' strike is over!

TOP 10 REASONS FOR DAVE MATTHEWS BAND

1. Every live show is different.
2. Better "All Along the Watchtower" cover than U2.
3. Dave Matthews' percussive guitar-playing style works better in a dorm room on acoustic guitar than the styles of, say, Johnny Marr or Kevin Shields.
4. Percussion that actually works as its own instrument rather than as a simple time-keeping device.
5. "Two Step"
6. They had an album that almost never saw the light of day due to major-label boneheadedness... just like Wilco and Killer Mike.
7. Saxamophone
8. Khakis
9. "#40" (5/10/95)
10. Dave Matthews wants you to crash into him while he comes into you.

And yes, I know Letterman was on anyway. That one magazine profile of him a decade or so ago was really good.


Not being evangelical about something you love I find really questionable and dubious. I’m super-evangelical about the things I love. To be something else, what are you doing? (via Andy Beta)
Tab cola TV commercial from the 1970s

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of a stiff has a pink blog and plugs Dave Matthews? When did girls get so daft? I was a girl 40 years ago, and I got laid a lot and listened to bands with balls. None of this pink shit.

Marc Hogan said...

We were above
You standing underneath us
We were not yet lovers
Dragons were smoked
Bumblebees were stinging us
I was soon to be crazy

Eat, drink and be merry
For tomorrow we die
'cause we're tripping Billies

We're wearing nothing
Nothing but out shadows
Shadows falling down on the beach sand
Remembering once,
Out on the beaches we wore
Pineapple grass bracelets

So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race
'cause we're tripping Billies

We are all sitting
Legs crossed round a fire
My yellow flame she dances
Tequila drinking oh our
Minds will wonder
To wondrous places

So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race

Eat, drink and be merry
For tomorrow we die

Dave said...

The Lilywhite Sessions was and remains Dave's best, most mature songwriting.

...I still listen to this band, shhhh