Saturday, June 7, 2008

COULD IT BE THAT YOU'RE JUST LIKE ME? IN MY THOUGHTS YOU'RE SO MUCH MORE


All night with my best friend, now I don't wanna get up. (via Skatterbrain)
Jill Sobule: I Kissed a Girl (see Intensities in Ten Suburbs' piece)

I saw an old "Frasier" episode on TV the other night in which he didn't want to be seen talking to another pundit-psychiatrist because he had a "reputation" to uphold. That's pretty dumb. Pretty Goes With Pretty has been doing excellent work recently and you can find some of it here.

I like the idea (warning, linking to myself, sorry) that we may be headed for politically oriented pop music that goes beyond the hippies vs. squares dynamic of the past four decades.


Senior government officials deny the existence of a stop list, saying that people hostile to the Kremlin do not appear on TV simply because their views are not newsworthy. (via Isaac Chotiner)
MSNBC: "RFK was assassinated in June but Vanessa Williams’ pictures didn’t come out until July."

I also like the idea that Weezer represent cool dads.

(click through for mp3 via Alainfinkielkrautrock)
I like bar-b-q. You like bar-b-q.
Michael Wilson: Groove It to Your Body (Instrumental Mix)

2 comments:

Matt said...

that video is great!
ive never heard that song before

Marc Hogan said...

sobule played at the first concert my wife ever attended-- "dotfest" in des moines.

you coming up for popfest? i am planning to be there, at least thursday and friday nights.