Friday, April 27, 2007
ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO MY PAST INFLUENCES BUT THEY WILL NOT FREE ME
Hey there fuckface-uh. Hey there fuckface-uh.
Deerhunter: Spring Hall Convert/Hazel St. (4/4/07, Empty Bottle, Chicago)
"You guys are crazy, man. You're crazy loons."
- Deerhunter bassist Josh Fauver, after completing a delay- and feedback-drenched set of ambient tension and squalls of psych-rock release with an abnormally elongated frontman wearing an old-lady dress and dripping fake blood from his mouth and wiping fake blood on his crotch and fellating the microphone, after I mention where I write.
Check out Matthew Perpetua's more thorough accounting over at Fluxblog.
I don't want to talk to you anyway, loser.
Cool Kids: I Rock (I liked the title "Mikey Rocks" better-- then you've got your built-in Mikey fanbase-- but whatever)
Plus, my Crayon Fields track review and WTF track review at Pitchfork.
Um, weird bout of paranoia: The negativity in italics above isn't directed at the show or Fauver-- both were great, of course!
Labels:
Blood Capsules,
Cool Kids,
Deerhunter,
Mikey,
Old Ladies' Fashion,
Pitchfork,
Right Brothers,
The Fall
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment