Sunday, April 1, 2007

LOVE YOU GIRL BUT I'M ADDICTED TO DEM HOES

As if you have a choice.

Not the kind of blog for excuses instead it's a look back at The Week That Wasn't ok? Business.

Matthew Fluxblog and I went to a show with polite Englishmen and awesome barefoot drummers (plus birthday cake within salivating range). I neglected to post anything. Do you see?

The Cold War is over, kids! Some ppl said I don't like Cold War Kids because Cold War Kids are blog-hyped evangelical Christians even though my review specifically says that isn't (informal English for "is not") why (oh but it's so "truthy") and even though CWK say they're "definitely not" evangelical Christians, "especially not in terms of the band" whatever that last part means (if they deny it three times I will feel really bad though) OH MY LOVE WE BOTH GO DOWN TO HECK TOGETHER (FEAT. T.I.) [KOMPAKT; 2007]


John Darnielle can really rock Saddam Hussein's ass.

Tom wrote great stuff about Snow Patrol, whom I like too (my latest unenthusiastic review notwithstanding), but he also made me contemplate seppuku-- look out below SO many wrongness levels ("This is why Karl's so badass"). David Gregory don't ever dance again or else I will blog about you. So help me I will blog about your ass, Gregory, you don't even know.


Yeah but Newt Gingrich doesn't care about Spanish people.

Started reporting an article for BW about labels giving away their back catalogues even as majors fight all free-giving (or even scrapping pointless DRM douchebaggery) but then I decided to quit. Had in mind Slabco, which served a plunderphonic niche that was largely unfilled and now makes money recording for commercials; next up indiemp3 notes that Bubblyworld is also opening the vaults. Idea was (and other ppl thought of this first) that it makes sense for smaller labels to do this because otherwise their music would be out of print and why not at least let fans hear it? More to come, I'm sure.

C'MON, CHECK

That Was Fast: The new Timbaland/M.I.A. track leaks. Kelefa Sanneh writes smart things about the Tim album. Especially dig the "Bounce" detail. But the reason "Give It To Me" isn't as good as the great Timbaland singles is 'cause nobody really wants to listen to songs about producer beefs. Still pretty good though.


Matthew Yglesias makes typos not errors of judgment.

MY RESPECT

Thanks to Michelangelo Matos for reminding me I may not have been wrong to think of the Pierces as luxe indie-pop for the "Sex & the City" crowd, but I was definitely wrong to dismiss them for it.


Heroin my wife my life??? NOPE boring.

YEEA DAT'S RITE C'MON

I also wrote a couple of things this week: Land of Talk review in Pitchfork, Ponys review on Playboy.com. And went to a Justice listening party.


I don't want ppl to find poop in their stairwells here guys srsly.

STOP YOUR BUSINESS


Lucky Soul are my honey lover to the max.

YES NEW ART BRUT yes Taco Bell make a run to the border. Deerhunter really do sound better on vinyl (I can even understand the lyrics on "Lake Somerset" the way I can on that non-album version making the file-sharing rounds)-- though I wonder how many ppl will skip side two. And why is this even an argument anymore? OK THNX BYE.

No comments: